Author Topic: Cloudstone Wiki  (Read 23502 times)

View Profile
Re: Cloudstone Wiki
Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 03:06:27 PM
List of Items: http://wiki.cloudstonegame.com/index.php/Category:Items
Item Templates: http://wiki.cloudstonegame.com/index.php/Category:Templates

Created Pages that need more information:
http://wiki.cloudstonegame.com/index.php/Category:Needs_Additional_Information

Still lots more items to add =/ When adding items please use the correct template.

To add an item just create a new page with the item name and fill out the appropriate template. If you don't know a particular detail, ie. Sell Price, simply delete the "=" beside the corresponding field. Items will automatically be categorize and placed in the correct lists. If you're lost, just view items that are already added for an example - make sure to use the right template

So, yeah... I find this way much more flexible than the long list that we currently have - not to say that the long list isn't useful.

Administrator
    View Profile
Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 04:45:44 PM
I think I enabled file uploads now.. I was able to upload an image so hopefully you can too.  I have to figure out the other stuff though, it doesn't seem to come with the standard install of MediaWiki.

Administrator
    View Profile
Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 04:50:04 PM

Global Moderator
"Dumbers gonna dumb" #SeenOnTheInternet
    View Profile Add me as an ally for Cloudstone (just please message me to let me know who you are)!
Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 05:28:34 PM

Keeping the Banhammer stylish since Day Zero.

goldenguppies

Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 09:10:39 PM
Something that I think the wiki should probably have is its own logo, even if it's just a variation of the Cloudstone one with the word wiki tacked on.  Perhaps someone could make use of that Contest section of the board and get people interested in drawing a logo? 

Global Moderator
Leo the MEGALION!
    View Profile facebook page
Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 09:13:55 PM
Ok, I've got all the map locations for all three islands looking consistent on the wiki - just need to fill in the holes as we have it and determine what other sorts of info are desirable - monsters encountered? Start and success texts? Other info?

I've got a talk page on the wiki set up for Sassafras and Mudfalls Islands - Grog has one for the new island. Add any info you know there and I'll get it added to the existing pages:

http://wiki.cloudstonegame.com/index.php/User_talk:Jawjagrrl

Special thanks to Echo for all the screenies, etc., today :) Will start incorporating those texts tomorrow...

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. I prefer cheese.
Level 54 Wizard of Le Quack Guild, [ex] forum moderator, and sporadic wiki editor Sig Design by Ducky

View Profile facebook profile
Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 09:40:06 PM
Grog is a clever devil. He's set up a page (Items.css) for item rarities.

The problem now is this: Is it possible to order the Sell Value while keeping the 0s that keep everything in order invisible _without_ making a page's default span as follows:
Code: [Select]
{{#css:
span {
display:none;
}
}}

The other way to do it is to forget about it, move "gold" to the column heading, and leave them as plain numbers; and to either forget the semi-ordering of shop prices, or the ordering of the "Source" column entirely, _or_ have a separate "Shop" column which is blank for unbuyables, and filled with just a number for buyables.

The last option brings up the question of rubies vs. gold: possible solution is a red background or something for rubies (with its class placed in Items.css).

Thoughts? Ideas?
RIP Sarine Bakkal, the best ninja I ever trained

Global Moderator
"Dumbers gonna dumb" #SeenOnTheInternet
    View Profile Add me as an ally for Cloudstone (just please message me to let me know who you are)!
Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 09:41:20 PM
I think I've got a good start on the CSS for item rarities (so we are consistent throughout the wiki), although it's probably broken for most of the pre-IE9 userbase =(.

All you have to do now is
  • Somewhere on the page (at the top seems like a good place) include:
Code: [Select]
{{#css:Items.css}}
  • Then you just need to use the available classes and your text should be nicely formatted. The currently implemented classes are: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and Legendary.
  • If you do not like the way the CSS formats something, you can always override it with an inline "style".

If you see something that you think is formatted odd/weird/wrong, please take a screenshot and post it here (along with a link to the page and a time) and I'll try to look into it as soon as I can.

There is one caveat: I attempted (and I think I succeeded) in making it so that links to non-existent pages are still that reddish color, regardless of the class. This was so that it was easy to tell which links go to actual pages and which do not (yay consistency!).

If people like using CSS like this, we can talk to the wiki admins about merging this style sheet into the wiki's main sheet (so we can avoid having to include the {{#css...}} on every page we want to use the CSS classes.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:52:30 PM by Grog »

Keeping the Banhammer stylish since Day Zero.

View Profile
Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 07:07:07 PM
I found a rare hat, and I don't believe you have it yet. It appears to be a better version of the Winter Witch Hat:

Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 07:33:21 PM
Which mission awarded it? (though it's probably random) And what's the sell value? Thanks for posting!

View Profile
Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 07:34:58 PM
I got it for completing Wintery Meadows, 2nd Gauntlet
Sell value is 150 gold.

Global Moderator
    View Profile
Reply #41 on: March 29, 2012, 09:12:38 PM
In arms(Weapons, speed is not sorting properly

V. Slow < V. Fast < Slow < Fast < Average
VPN: Razella
CS: Nathan
Forum: Ghoul

Reply #42 on: March 29, 2012, 09:30:21 PM
Yeah, there's no good way to fix that... there's one way I can currently think of.

But it's still in clumps (Slow is with Slow, Fast is with Fast), even if the overall order is off.

I'll implement the temp fix in the meantime.

EDIT: All right, Weapon Speeds are now better-sorted.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:11:21 PM by dinnsdale »

View Profile
Reply #43 on: March 30, 2012, 04:16:00 AM
Found a weird uncommon wand with two +8 to sorcery. Got it at the village clearing gauntlet Lv5. Didn't see it in the wiki and thought it might interest you. Sell price is 25. Here's the screenshot:

EDIT: Also has the Cresent Moon Rod Bug
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:22:38 AM by qwerty23131 »

View Profile
Reply #44 on: March 30, 2012, 07:48:23 AM
I got a few quest screens, will leave them at imgur
http://imgur.com/a/gFYCu