Author Topic: Arcane Rift  (Read 1207 times)

View Profile
Arcane Rift
on: April 03, 2013, 12:15:11 AM
I played the Rift, as soon as the season started, i got up to floor 41, used all my vigor and then some... all of the sudden the game made me reload!, I was sent back to the first floor!!! Why? What happens now I have to start all over, vigor, time and points lost, that is so unfair, everyone agrees on that, they suggested i come to the forum and say something about it, so maybe the DEV's, would  be kind enough to help me in this matter... and also as long as i am her, why don't u give us more Vigor, i mean 30 Vigor is not enough!!!If u pvp u can't do the Rift, if u do, either then u cannot boost for Hp nor to hunt champs, or to get coins, I think it is just a little ridiculous, most of us are very disappointed about that, it seems like we have to wait for ever to do anything, it just gets really boring too and the Vigor post's don't work for most people, I never get any Vigor no matter how many people click on it, i keep trying but nothing... Pleas Help us, so we can keep this game that we love Fun!!!... thank you   :'( 

Being a Hybrid is being strategical
    View Profile
Re: Arcane Rift
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 12:37:56 AM
First, if you intend to play 24/7 nonstop, then there wont ever be enough vigors. Fact is, a good game should also consider our rest time, a time when we should really take a rest instead of being forced to stay 24/7 in front of the screen.

Second, if you see how PVP and Rift goes, no matter how much the devs raise the vigors, with your type of attitude it won't ever be enough. See that with 30 vigors, most top contender on PVP (non-dumpling waster one) go to PVP 6 times every 5 hours, which means if its raised to 60 for example, they will go 13 fights every 10 hours. There will be no enough for people like you, since you're hoping that you can reach top on both PVP and rift at the same season, which is impossible unless all players do it like that too.

So, my advice for you is just to switch focus between seasons, there's no use splitting focus unless you're dumpling waster.
My set:
PVP = Battlemage (War/Mage) Full Warrior gears
PVE = Sage (War/Mage/Monk) Full Monk Gears

View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 12:40:49 AM
Btw, about the reset, i think it should be fixed, if its really happen in the mid of a season. I suspect you don't know the rift season already changed though, even though i must say i wonder why i start this season 2 of rift still on floor 31 while its better to start all over when season changed.
My set:

View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 05:41:12 AM
Btw, about the reset, i think it should be fixed, if its really happen in the mid of a season. I suspect you don't know the rift season already changed though, even though i must say i wonder why i start this season 2 of rift still on floor 31 while its better to start all over when season changed.

I would very much like to hear from the DEVS why some players' rift levels were reset & others not? I also think that with drasticlly  changing the Riift scoring deserved a little more communication either in game or here so that Everyone has an understanding of what was done. 
If your Lucky enough to be on the Beach
          ~Your Lucky Enough ~

DYEL?
    View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 06:20:02 AM

I would very much like to hear from the DEVS why some players' rift levels were reset & others not? I also think that with drasticlly  changing the Riift scoring deserved a little more communication either in game or here so that Everyone has an understanding of what was done.

It was communicated in the game. The rift floors are NOT supposed to reset. So thats a bug/glitch. Everyone is supposed to start at the rift lvl they were at last season, as the devs believe it would be boring for us to start from floor 1.
                                                                 The creep - http://www.youtube.com/w

but why is the rum gone?
    View Profile Wiki user page
Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 07:40:39 AM
There will be no enough for people like you, since you're hoping that you can reach top on both PVP and rift at the same season, which is impossible
She already did.
Naradan, some people have more "free time" than others in which to play, and you shouldn't begin to cast judgement on those who do without knowing their circumstances. (and then of course, you shouldn't judge anyway).

We should always try to avoid making assumptions and generalizations abut "people like you". It's unfair, and also perpetuates the illusion of separation between you and others.

The main issue here is that her Arcane Rift progress was wiped out and she lost forty floors  in one moment.
That's a big deal, and not to be taken lightly.
Maybe the opinions on vigor could have been a separate post, since it's not immediately and directly related to the bug she was reporting, but for a player who does not come to use the forums but once every several months, I can understand how her frustration at having lost all the vigor which it took to get to floor 40 was venting as she typed her bug report.

LAI.53.MNK

"But I may be wrong"

View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 10:47:49 AM
It was communicated in the game. The rift floors are NOT supposed to reset. So thats a bug/glitch. Everyone is supposed to start at the rift lvl they were at last season, as the devs believe it would be boring for us to start from floor 1.

No, it is not.

The main issue here is that her Arcane Rift progress was wiped out and she lost forty floors  in one moment.

Couldn't agree more! Lai

If your Lucky enough to be on the Beach
          ~Your Lucky Enough ~

DYEL?
    View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 11:36:27 AM

No, it is not.

Couldn't agree more! Lai

It was discussed in kongregate chat when devs visited atleast. Then the rest of us spread the word. No idea how you do it on FB, but i know several of your players got close contact with devs.
                                                                 The creep - http://www.youtube.com/w

goldenguppies

Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 11:53:42 AM

No, it is not.

Couldn't agree more! Lai

It was discussed in kongregate chat when devs visited atleast. Then the rest of us spread the word. No idea how you do it on FB, but i know several of your players got close contact with devs.

It was not mentioned at all.

Global Moderator
Taters Watch
Sláinte!
    View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 12:29:57 PM

No, it is not.

Couldn't agree more! Lai

Does that mean that we're more informed than Ducky? NO WAI  :o

Maybe it's time to became buddy with other Devs then? :P

My buildPotato anthemWeirdos

#nerfweirdos

View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 12:56:51 PM
There will be no enough for people like you, since you're hoping that you can reach top on both PVP and rift at the same season, which is impossible
She already did.
Naradan, some people have more "free time" than others in which to play, and you shouldn't begin to cast judgement on those who do without knowing their circumstances. (and then of course, you shouldn't judge anyway).

We should always try to avoid making assumptions and generalizations abut "people like you". It's unfair, and also perpetuates the illusion of separation between you and others.

Maybe the opinions on vigor could have been a separate post, since it's not immediately and directly related to the bug she was reporting, but for a player who does not come to use the forums but once every several months, I can understand how her frustration at having lost all the vigor which it took to get to floor 40 was venting as she typed her bug report.

First thing first, it's on my nature to almost always read the whole arguments instead of just reading half of it or cutting people arguments in my replies. It's just a golden rule that i won't do what i don't like other people to do to me, as i don't like my words got minced to for the sake of pushing me. That's why i also comment on the floor issue one, which i say it should be fixed if it is indeed a bug. So, spare me for commenting what she says, even though it's not the main point of this thread, as she did throw it out here.

Secondly, i'm sorry that i don't believe people can be on top on both Rift and PVP, as i know the height of the competition on both stages. At least its not possible without much dumplings being wasted. So, it's not that i questioned her playing time, but i know that there're many people who do PVP without dumplings and do 30 vigors fights every 5 hours for the whole season, hence i know it won't be possible to top out both PVP and Rift without dumplings.

That's why, it won't ever be enough when the max vigors is raised, as when it's raised, people will just match their playing time with it...from what every 5 hours, they will just do it every 10 hours if its raised to 60, 15 hours if its raised to 90 vigors...and so on.

See my point?? no matter what, she will experience the same conclusion that she just can't focus on both. If she can focus on both, whe would already ok with 15 vigor rift and 15 vigor PVP...as it will result almost the same as 30 vigor Rift and 30 vigor PVP, with only difference in the amount of points you can get...then again, what's points on PVP and Rift other than a scale to determined ranks? when she goes 15k PVP and her foe 30K with 30 vigors, it will only be 30K PVP for her and 60K for for her foe when its raised to 60 vigors. So, i'm just saying it won't be any different, seeing her reasoning that so she can split focus.

sorry for the wall of text, can't help it :P

My set:

goldenguppies

Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 01:06:20 PM

No, it is not.

Couldn't agree more! Lai

The idea was suggested by you guys on Kong chat. I don't have time to lurk it 24/7.

Global Moderator
Taters Watch
Sláinte!
    View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 01:19:22 PM

No, it is not.

Couldn't agree more! Lai

The idea was suggested by you guys on Kong chat. I don't have time to lurk it 24/7.

We don't lurk on FB, so i guess it evens out :3

My buildPotato anthemWeirdos

#nerfweirdos

View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 08:59:26 PM
  Did anyone say anything about playing 24-7 such a ridiculous answer and I started on first floor, had to do it twice, that is why is unfair!!

but why is the rum gone?
    View Profile Wiki user page
Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 09:26:30 PM
I'd like to steer this discussion back to the original bug report.

The same problem has been reported on Facebook by other players now (Eris, uid=640875137).
Since it wasn't intended for anyone to go back to Floor 1, there's clearly an issue which needs investigating.

Bug reports and requests for technical support shouldn't get drowned out by tangential debates or personal feelings.

LAI.53.MNK

"But I may be wrong"