Author Topic: Shard Farming and Mass Heal  (Read 483 times)

Just a Jellyfish.
    View Profile My PvP Videos!
Shard Farming and Mass Heal
on: March 14, 2013, 06:09:07 PM
Have any sharders considered using Mass Heal to help sustain allies (especially the AI of other sharders, so that they last even longer)? I've noticed that, at least on Kongregate, a large number of shard farmers are monks, or at least have a decent amount of Discipline. Would Mass Heal be worth a point investment at later levels (i.e. 40+) to ease the difficulty of some champs, or would those five points be better spent elsewhere?

Note: I do not farm shards.

Click to see my sexy sexiness!
My Vids!

but why is the rum gone?
    View Profile Wiki user page
Re: Shard Farming and Mass Heal
Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 06:35:05 PM
At level 42, I have only just started practicing shard-farming in earnest,
and since I am new to it, but trying to learn and practice the techniques taught by veteran champion hunters (about speed and moving quickly from zone to zone), I have been working mainly on lower-level maps, just to get a feel for it.
I'l burn through maps on mudfalls, glaciella, narwhalimbus, yeti, and grotto.
However, even on Yeti and Grotto, I haven't been calling alies for assistance.

I had mass heal waaaay back when I was a wee monk, but decided to abandon it in my late 20s when I accidentally used a potion to re-spec (and have never re-spec'd since), and I personally don't see it as being that useful in this case.
First - I have plenty of allies to call if one dies.
Second - I haven't encountered champs which I couldn't solo, in my current route.

I should point out that my opinion is still that of a novice champion hunter, so it may be skewed by lack of experience.

LAI.53.MNK

"But I may be wrong"

Global Moderator
"Dumbers gonna dumb" #SeenOnTheInternet
    View Profile Add me as an ally for Cloudstone (just please message me to let me know who you are)!
Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 08:32:30 PM
I do farm shards and I do have Mass Heal, however I don't really use Mass Heal to heal my allies (intentionally, at least) - I save it for those times when Healbomb is on cooldown and/or I don't want to / can't use a Jelly Juice. I have, at times, used Mass Heal in PvE to help keep my allies kickin' and, rarely, have I used Mass Heal when fighting champs to grant some HP to my ally but I definitely wouldn't call that a normal occurrence.

Like Lai said, I have plenty of allies to summon if/when this one lays down for a dirt nap.

Keeping the Banhammer stylish since Day Zero.

Le Quack
    View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 08:51:32 PM
I have 1 point in Mass Heal and use in as much as I am using duck ray (not as often as you may think). I will explain more since my case is quite different than others.

On my shard run, I always start with Mondomesa champ, then follow with 8 zones in Yetinothah then 8 zones in Grotto (swap the order sometimes), then I will use the remaining to do Mondomesa until the timer goes below 5 minutes mark. Then go back to Yetinothah (or Grotto, depends on which I started first) until the boost wear off.

I often use allies when I fight with Mondomesa champions. It's very rare for me to summon allies on Yetinothah/Grotto, except I meet Sage Shroom champs. This is because the loading time to summon ally for me is almost the same if I spend that time killing the champ by myself.

Ok, let's go back to Mass Heal.
When I have allies summoned, I always use Mass Heal to make them last longer even a few seconds, since the fight that I use allies is always a tough fight and summon one more ally takes time. This is when I also use duck ray, by the way. For me, Mass Heal is a cheap heal and I think it's a good option for Kong players since you guys don't have JJ from gifting.

Shard farmer can farm 1000 shards to get 5 discipline and take a point from Bigram Yoga and put in Mass Heal instead.
Current Setting: Return of the War Monk !
Current Goal: Aiming to be an OP tanker for my Cloudstone friends

^Click to nerf the character^