Author Topic: Shard  (Read 3205 times)

ampps

Shard
on: October 31, 2012, 02:24:14 AM
Someday Monks will have 10k HP and can Heal 5k+.
Just a imagine, a Noob Shard hunter like me can farm 2 Stones a day.
Just 6 months later, I can have 182*2 = 364 Dic, and Another 6 months 182*10 = 1820 HP.
And I'm just a beginner Shard hunter, I've heard some people farming 4-5 Stones a Day.
Aren't devs gonna do something about It ? Like Armor curve?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:26:17 AM by ampps »

Le Quack
    View Profile
Re: Shard
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 03:24:36 AM
I'm one of the hardcore shard hunters, but spending time on this burnt out my health. I actually had enough and plan to spend less time on the game by doing PvP.
It requires a lot of time in order to get just one stone. If you can get 100 shards per boost (which is a lot), you will need 50 minutes to get one stone. Hardcore gamers who have enough time and effort will be able to get 10 stones by putting 500 minutes (equal to 8 hours and 20 minutes) in the game based on the 100 shards per boost assumption. While this is not favorable to shard hunter, I've been thinking that they should implement some kind of limitation on this. I still have no concrete idea about how should they do it. However, this should not be their major task to concern about at this moment since there are so many issues that need to be solved out there. For example, as far as I known, the cheaters are lurking out there since the server came back including the ones that got banned. Not only we've been seeing them as our PvP opponents more often, but they got rubies item like Flametongue and other Halloween stuff as well. Also the balancing thread about warrior and suggestion about skill slots have been out there like forever. I do hope they have enough time to clear all the messes after the server outage and consider of these suggestions.
Current Setting: Return of the War Monk !
Current Goal: Aiming to be an OP tanker for my Cloudstone friends

^Click to nerf the character^

Warrior/Wizard@facebook
    View Profile cloudstoneBlog
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 06:10:31 AM
I'm one of the hardcore shard hunters, but spending time on this burnt out my health. I actually had enough and plan to spend less time on the game by doing PvP.
It requires a lot of time in order to get just one stone. If you can get 100 shards per boost (which is a lot), you will need 50 minutes to get one stone. Hardcore gamers who have enough time and effort will be able to get 10 stones by putting 500 minutes (equal to 8 hours and 20 minutes) in the game based on the 100 shards per boost assumption. While this is not favorable to shard hunter, I've been thinking that they should implement some kind of limitation on this. I still have no concrete idea about how should they do it. However, this should not be their major task to concern about at this moment since there are so many issues that need to be solved out there. For example, as far as I known, the cheaters are lurking out there since the server came back including the ones that got banned. Not only we've been seeing them as our PvP opponents more often, but they got rubies item like Flametongue and other Halloween stuff as well. Also the balancing thread about warrior and suggestion about skill slots have been out there like forever. I do hope they have enough time to clear all the messes after the server outage and consider of these suggestions.

I think suggestion should be summarized and written in the way devs can really understand it, and it shouldnt be something game-breaking, but its quite hard to write up summary and opinions on 100s of subjects.

but yes there are lots of problems in game right now.

1. cheaters who are still around, came back from banning
2. people who lost rubies and prolly 1000s of mails from them.
3. skill slots, game balance (including shimmering sands and other things)
4. some bugs here and there
5. they still need to finish home that is said to be coming soon.

etc.

Administrator
    View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 06:14:10 AM
The shard scaling is something we're looking at more closely. Assuming the levels grow during the time it takes people to farm a lot of stones, things should still stay in balance for the most part. At any rate, we are prepping some sort of increasing shard turn in cost for the stones at the moment. For example, it'll cost 300 shards to turn in for your 10th stone, and 500 to turn in your 20th stone, and so forth.

As for the cheaters, a few may have been reverted back to unbanned status due to the crash, but shouldn't be that many since I went through and rebanned most of them. If you see them, please feel free to report them again through PM's to me or any other admins, and we'll sort them out again.

Warrior/Wizard@facebook
Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 06:55:38 AM
The shard scaling is something we're looking at more closely. Assuming the levels grow during the time it takes people to farm a lot of stones, things should still stay in balance for the most part. At any rate, we are prepping some sort of increasing shard turn in cost for the stones at the moment. For example, it'll cost 300 shards to turn in for your 10th stone, and 500 to turn in your 20th stone, and so forth.

As for the cheaters, a few may have been reverted back to unbanned status due to the crash, but shouldn't be that many since I went through and rebanned most of them. If you see them, please feel free to report them again through PM's to me or any other admins, and we'll sort them out again.

I highly agree that shard thing can be unfiar since it makes OP players more OP and almost impossible to beat on pvp along with 3 stuns, but it sure is for hardcore players, though there arent very many hardcore gamers who would spend 8+hours in front of pc doing that.

I hope game balance would be fixed and the whole thing with home and skill slots and all the "annoying part of the game" gets really taken care of.

goldenguppies

Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 07:27:52 AM
It's going to be nerfed?

Ugh... *drags self off to finally finish that one more HS to get a nice round number* xD

Warrior/Wizard@facebook
Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 09:01:30 AM
if amount of shards will grow, champions strength should be balanced out.. since there are some champions with lucky striker that can 1hit ko people with less than 2k hp.
there are lots of problems in this game imo, and balancing will take another  year or two.

Ragnarok in Fb
    View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 09:04:39 AM
ughhh .. the shard going to be nerfed .. im must hunt shard since now !!
http://lb1.cloudstonegame.com/main/CharacterViewer?uid=100000303204379

Cloudstone Fans
Ragnarok Lv 45
Since : April 2012

Warrior/Wizard@facebook
Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 09:07:59 AM
ughhh .. the shard going to be nerfed .. im must hunt shard since now !!

i wonder what kind of things you will hear from people, and how many end game players will rage quit.

View Profile personal art website
Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 12:54:43 PM
i personally feel that the present shard system is fine(however i think they're should be improvements to the champion spawn system as said above with the lucky striker almost 1 shotting people when combined with other buffs)....if people have the time or choose to invest such effort into grinding out shards then let them.
i don't think that will unbalance pvp because that will show the time, effort and determination people have to improve they're characters.
its like comparing normal gear to ruby gear.
the stats and power is huge comparing 35 ruby gear to normal gear.
that's also like comparing higher lvls vs lower levels in pvp since you have a choice in opponents.
if you fight someone that hits equal to you. but has a 1000 more hp. if you play smart. youll do fine. like comparing wizard to warrior. wizards can take a warriors stats if they play right.
but if you fight someone that hits significantly harder than you. has a 1000 more hp and has a huge amount more armor than thats a problem overall because your outclassed in every way, honestly thats why we have choices in opponents so we can choose less ladder points but better success for gaining any at all instead of risking a loss.

lets say someone spends 12 months using the suggested math above and has all those bonus stats over everyone else.
is it fair the punish that said character for investing that time and work into his characters progression? i wouldn't believe so.
its a simple principle of comparing an expert fighter vs a novice fighter. some will simply be better over time than others because they put the time in. though i yell and get angry at losing...i still respect the fact that i was outclassed by someone whose invested the time to say he/she outclassed me.
in the last month ive only got like 3 stones because i don't farm...but i play a lot of other games where hardcore and casual has much larger gaps than this game.

id suggest separating those players from casual players rather than changing the grinding system making that gap be harder on people who choose to invest, because your holding back those players that want to be hardcore.
like if someone has so many pieces of ruby gear(or use the ruby weapons as the defining factor). make a bracket/league dedicated to those kinds of players, and let the more casual players with no ruby gear have they're own leagues, because on so many forums we've seen people have issues playing with a donator with heavy ruby gear have more than double the ladder points in less win/loss ratio of 2nd and 3rd place people who invest every point of vigor into pvping.
this separated bracket/league system is used in a lot of other games and it works well.
when the skies are filled with flames, the brave shall step forth to quench them.

Warrior/Wizard@facebook
Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 01:52:11 PM
i personally feel that the present shard system is fine(however i think they're should be improvements to the champion spawn system as said above with the lucky striker almost 1 shotting people when combined with other buffs)....if people have the time or choose to invest such effort into grinding out shards then let them.
i don't think that will unbalance pvp because that will show the time, effort and determination people have to improve they're characters.
its like comparing normal gear to ruby gear.
the stats and power is huge comparing 35 ruby gear to normal gear.
that's also like comparing higher lvls vs lower levels in pvp since you have a choice in opponents.
if you fight someone that hits equal to you. but has a 1000 more hp. if you play smart. youll do fine. like comparing wizard to warrior. wizards can take a warriors stats if they play right.
but if you fight someone that hits significantly harder than you. has a 1000 more hp and has a huge amount more armor than thats a problem overall because your outclassed in every way, honestly thats why we have choices in opponents so we can choose less ladder points but better success for gaining any at all instead of risking a loss.

lets say someone spends 12 months using the suggested math above and has all those bonus stats over everyone else.
is it fair the punish that said character for investing that time and work into his characters progression? i wouldn't believe so.
its a simple principle of comparing an expert fighter vs a novice fighter. some will simply be better over time than others because they put the time in. though i yell and get angry at losing...i still respect the fact that i was outclassed by someone whose invested the time to say he/she outclassed me.
in the last month ive only got like 3 stones because i don't farm...but i play a lot of other games where hardcore and casual has much larger gaps than this game.

id suggest separating those players from casual players rather than changing the grinding system making that gap be harder on people who choose to invest, because your holding back those players that want to be hardcore.
like if someone has so many pieces of ruby gear(or use the ruby weapons as the defining factor). make a bracket/league dedicated to those kinds of players, and let the more casual players with no ruby gear have they're own leagues, because on so many forums we've seen people have issues playing with a donator with heavy ruby gear have more than double the ladder points in less win/loss ratio of 2nd and 3rd place people who invest every point of vigor into pvping.
this separated bracket/league system is used in a lot of other games and it works well.

the differnece between ruby gear isnt that bad, except the warrior gear it isn't really about ruby gear vs gold gear it is more about.. how warrior gear gives higher critical bonus and monks saying that they should have higher critical when it comes to balance of pvp.

but if they are going to increase the amount of shards, they should get auction house or something, because game is rather becoming more hardcore now and it isnt really those "casucal game" lately.

View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 01:53:37 PM
I personally don't agree with a change in the shard contracts or drops. Grinding for shards is already very time consuming and if people want to invest the time into it why not let them? I've been playing this game for a while now and am near the level cap. For the most part there are only four things to do: work for completion,level grind, shard hunt or pvp. I'm sure everyone has things they enjoy doing and things they do not enjoy. Me being near level cap level grinding is out, I have most maps completed and am not too concerned with 100% completion, and I REALLY DO NOT enjoy pvp so what else is there to do? I like to shard hunt but if it's going to take a month to even see a small change in character stats then I'm more likely to find other things to do with my free time. I'm sure others will feel the same and spend their time (and money) on other things. I'm not trying to make any class or type of player mad, I'm just stating my feelings on the matter.

goldenguppies

Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 03:40:22 PM
I tend to agree with Gen here. Shard hunting is so time consuming I dropped out of doing that so I had time for other things. >_<
Like filling my bag with garbage.

If there really does seem to be a need for increasing the cost per stone turned in to balance the game, perhaps a more modest increase in the required shards every 10th stone, rather than a 100 or 200 shard increase mentioned here, would be more reasonable. :P Or put some kind of cooldown on the contract so you either hang on to your shards or spend it on a different stone. (We seem to be liking cooldowns a lot in CS, eh?)

ampps

Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 04:08:13 PM

That sequence is too much, It's just 10 stones while other player have 100+ stones already. Just put a limit for turning stones, make the contract disappear for turning amount of stones that is 5 times your level. So 45*5= 225 for every stat for a level 45? Though I still think some players will be hungry for more.

And every stones should independently stack with each other. For example, if you reach the limit in disc, you can still farm for Sorc.

Lol, Now people are smiting me for posting this, I don't really care. I just want to hear things from devs Now because what If someday I'll just lose that Stones and stats I already farm because of some balance updates and changes. I just want to make things clear.

Administrator
    View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 04:38:01 PM
The required number of shards would not scale harshly for casual players. The numbers I gave were just theoretical(not real numbers), and it would probably rise more slowly towards the beginning, and more rapidly once you reach really high number of stones.

Also, the shard requirement would be independent of stone, and not a global stone. For example, it would still cost 200 shards for your first health stone, while you could require 300 shards for your 20th discipline stone.